Federal law requires that we share with you the qualifications of teachers in our school district. There are questions you may ask, including:
• Is my child’s teacher licensed to teach the grades or subjects assigned?
• Has the state waived any requirements for my child’s teacher?
• What was the college major of my child’s teacher?
• What degrees does my child’s teacher hold?
• Are there instructional aides working with my child? If so, what are their qualifications?
All teachers have at least a bachelor’s degree in district schools, and 71 percent have advanced degrees. In addition, all teachers in this school district are fully licensed for their assignment. If you want to see the state qualification for your child’s teacher you may ask us or find it on the DPI website at:
In addition, we have 63 instructional assistants who work with children with disabilities, and they are all considered qualified for this work. If you would like more information about this school district, please feel free to call me at 920-906-6501.
Director of Human Resources
For more information on teacher qualifications or the reporting requirement for teachers and paraprofessionals under the No Child Left Behind legislation, contact:
DirectorTeacher Education/Professional Development and Licensing