HAPPY NEW YOU!
In an effort to promote physical activity the Fond du Lac School District is encouraging employees to participate in the Happy New You F.I.T. Challenge. We think this is a great activity that will support the District Health and Wellness theme for the school year...Get F.I.T. (Fitness Innovation Time).
The Challenge starts on Janaury 1st and runs through March 31st.
HOW DOES THE CHALLENGE WORK
- commit to participating in physical activity a minimum of 12 times per month for 3 months OR
- Attend 12 consecutive weeks of Weight Watchers meeting OR
- Attend organized classes 2 times per week through the FDL Rec Department with 100% attendance
Documentation must be provided by attendance record or signed verification from facility staff member/instructor. (Use attached F.I.T. Challenge Log)
Earn a $30 Reward
Top 5 Reasons why YOU should participate:
1. Start the year off with a comitment to a healthier you.
2. Get recognized for making healthy choices.
3. Develop healthy habits and routines.
4. Daily exercise will help you feel better, boost your confidence, get sick less often, sleep better, and decrease stress.
5. Support the vision and mission of the FDL School District's Health & Wellness Committee.
Fill in the registration information requested and select "Finalize Registration."
Please note that you will create your own password.
You will receive a message saying "Registration Saved" when successfully entered.
For more information on how to sign up your school team, contact the Health and Wellness representative in your building.
Check here for monthly editions of this newsletter that will focus on wellness, including exercise tips, health updates, recipes, etc.
FDL School District - Health Assessment - Population Health Program Overview
- Ninety-eight percent or 1,198 individuals on the Fond du Lac School District health plan completed a biometric screening in 2012-13
- Ninety-seven percent or 1,179 individuals completed the online health assessment.
- Seven hundred and twenty individuals qualified for the metabolic syndrome program.
For more of the details of the Health Assessment, please click on the resources below.
Are you using the health care system wisely?
Using the emergency room unnecessarily for the treatment of minor illnesses and injuries is a major contributing factor to the high cost of health care. There are better alternatives. Find out here...
Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)
Now you can save on alternative therapies. With our CAM Program, you can receive discounts on treatments you deem effective. To explore your options, visit CAM Program.
Fitness Center Discounts for WEA Insurance Members
Certain fitness centers offer a discount for members that have WEA Insurance. A listing of those fitness centers can be found on the WEA Trust website.
WEA TRUST ONLINE HEALTH RISK ASSESSMENT
Log on to www.trustinyourhealth.com to complete the online health assessment. This assessment analyzes your nutrition practices, physical activity and exercise habits, personal stress levels, family history, and other lifestyle risk factors. Earn a $25 reward for completing the assessment! Online health assessment will be available to complete from January 1, 2014 through March 1, 2014.
- Twitter Feed