Driver's Education - 2014-15 Classroom Sessions
Fond du Lac High School offers driver education to any student in the Fond du Lac area. Classes are offered after school in the fall, winter, spring, and summer. The summer sessions are now under way. The fall, winter and spring Monday-Wednesday and Tuesday-Thursday classroom sessions are as follows:
FALL SESSIONS 2014
(age 15-1/2 or older by December 1)
Registration: Wednesday, August 27, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m., FDL High School Commons
T-TH Sessions - Classes begin Tuesday, September 2 and go from 3:30 - 6:00 p.m. and end around October 12
M-W Sessions - Classes begin Wednesday, September 3 and go from 3:30 - 6:00 p.m. and end around October 14
WINTER SESSIONS 2014-15
(age 15-1/2 or older by March 1)
Registration: Wednesday, December 17, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m., FDL High School Commons
M-W Sessions - Classes begin Monday, January 5 and go from 3:30 - 6:00 p.m. and end around February 18
T-TH Sessions - Classes begin Tuesday, January 6 and go from 3:30 - 6:00 p.m. and end around February 19
SPRING SESSIONS 2015
(age 15-1/2 or older by May 1)
Registration: Wednesday, February 25, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m., FDL High School Commons
M-W Sessions - Classes begin Monday, March 9 and go from 3:30 - 6:00 p.m. and end around April 22
T-TH Sessions - Classes begin Tuesday, March 10 and go from 3:30 - 6:00 p.m. and end around April 21
Once these are completed and after turning 15-1/2, they will begin the behind-the-wheel phase.
Driver's Education - Frequently Asked Questions
• Any student turning 15-1/2 during the school year. Exception: During the summer sessions any student who is 14 years 7 months or in other words anyone turning 15-1/2 by May of the following school year may enroll and take the classroom during the summer. When they turn 15-1/2 they will begin driving behind the wheel.
2. When are the driver education classes held?
• There are three sessions after school and during the school year. Fall, Winter, and Spring. Two sessions are during the summer months.
3. How long are the classes?
• All classes run 2-1/2 hours each. During the school year sessions run twice per week for six weeks and in the summer 4 days per week for three weeks. Each time a total of 12 sessions.
4. What are the basic State of Wisconsin requirements for driver education?
• Thirty hours of classroom instruction, six hours of behind the wheel, and six hours of observation. All instruction is provided by teachers with Wisconsin driver education certification.
5. Where are the classes held?
• All classroom sessions are held at Fond du Lac High School.
6. Where is the testing held?
• The state knowledge test and state sign test is completed in class which insures you of your instructional permit. The eye and final road test is held at the Driver License Bureau on Rolling Meadows Dr.
7. Where are the classes advertised?
• All Sessions are advertised and announced at the three high schools. Also on Charter Cable TV under school announcements.
8. Where and when can you pick up an application blank?
• Application blanks will be available before each session at the high schools approximately one month before each class begins. A registration night is held a 6:00 p.m. approximately one week before class begins. Registration night is held at Fond du Lac High School in the commons area.
9. Where can I call for more information?
Please click below to obtain a Driver's Education Registration form.