Driver's Education 2013-14 Sessions
Fond du Lac High School offers driver's education to any student in the Fond du Lac area. The schedule for 2013-14 is available below.
1. Who is eligible to take driver education?
• Any student turning 15-1/2 during the school year. Exception: During the summer sessions any student who is 14 years 7 months or in other words anyone turning 15-1/2 by May of the following school year may enroll and take the classroom during the summer. When they turn 15-1/2 they will begin driving behind the wheel.
2. When are the driver education classes held?
• There are three sessions after school and during the school year. Fall, Winter, and Spring. Two sessions are during the summer months.
3. How long are the classes?
• All classes run 2-1/2 hours each. During the school year sessions run twice per week for six weeks and in the summer 4 days per week for three weeks. Each time a total of 12 sessions.
4. What are the basic State of Wisconsin requirements for driver education?
• Thirty hours of classroom instruction, six hours of behind the wheel, and six hours of observation. All instruction is provided by teachers with Wisconsin driver education certification.
5. Where are the classes held?
• All classroom sessions are held at Fond du Lac High School.
6. Where is the testing held?
• The state knowledge test and state sign test is completed in class which insures you of your instructional permit. The eye and final road test is held at the Driver License Bureau on Rolling Meadows Dr.
7. Where are the classes advertised?
• All Sessions are advertised and announced at the three high schools. Also on Charter Cable TV under school announcements.
8. Where and when can you pick up an application blank?
• Application blanks will be available before each session at the high schools approximately one month before each class begins. A registration night is held a 6:00 p.m. approximately one week before class begins. Registration night is held at Fond du Lac High School in the commons area.
9. Where can I call for more information?
Please click below to obtain a Driver's Education Registration form.